Problem: Automate an end to end test which has many steps/components to call.
Below are different individual components which are performed used Azure functions:
- Uploading a JSON file to Azure storage
- Processing of a JSON file and storing data into database
- Sending an email once the process is completed
Solution: Logic apps to test everything in one go using delay.
- Uploading a JSON file to Azure storage – Logic Apps step to upload the JSON file.
- Processing of a JSON file and storing data into database — Logic Apps step to call an HTTP request
- Sending an email once the process is completed – Logic Apps step to read an office 365 account based on filters of Subject/ Content/ from address
- Publishing the result of testing – Logic Apps Teams connector to publish Pass/Failed result to Team’s channel.
The problem was the component which process JSON file is triggered by an orchestrator which is triggered itself from a third party upload to password-protected SFTP location.
This was resolved by exposing an HTTP trigger only for testing for the activity responsible for the processing of the JSON file by providing the file name.
Let’s visit the logic app:
Below is the run summary and results: